THIS Institute’s multidisciplinary post-doctoral fellowship programme is an opportunity for early-career researchers to lead an extended period of study focused on improvement in healthcare. Fellows are based in their host university while becoming part of a supported community of healthcare improvement researchers, and benefit from professional research leadership development as well as salary and research expenses support.
The scheme is open to researchers (including those with clinical backgrounds) from multiple fields and disciplines. We’re particularly looking for applications that seek to:
- Produce systematic knowledge about what works and why in approaches and interventions aimed at improving quality and safety in healthcare
- Generate fresh thinking and contributions from a broad range of fields, including, but not limited to, law, business studies, philosophy, and engineering, as well as from disciplines already active in this area, for example, health services research, epidemiology, and social science.
- Show how the proposed research will add to the evidence-base and will be of relevance to the UK health system.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact THIS Institute’s fellowship team discuss their proposed area of study before commencing their application. Find about our ongoing post-doctoral fellowships and about this 2021 opportunity at: https://www.thisinstitute.cam.ac.uk/fellowships/
- Application deadline: 11 May 2021
- Interviews: 7 September 2021